Ryerson is sponsoring a giveaway called ‘Metal Trees’ in which we are giving away an aluminum holiday ornament to the first 200 visitors who fill out a form.
Winners will be selected on a first-come basis. Winners will be notified via email, and gifts will be delivered via FedEx within 30 days after notification. Contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada only, excluding residents of the Province of Quebec.
WARNING: These ornaments are not toys. They are meant to be decorative pieces only. The ornaments may contain with sharp edges. Please handle with care.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. CONTEST PERIOD: CONTEST begins at 12 p.m. Central Time (“CT”) on November 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Central Time on December 10, 2021 ("Entry Period"). All submissions must be received during the entry period to be eligible.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. or Ryerson Canada, Inc. or any of their subsidiaries or affiliates, are not eligible. Only one (1) entry per person. All submissions must be consistent with Sponsor’s goodwill and brand image (e.g. no content that is unlawful or prohibited by Ryerson policy), as well as the positive theme of the contest and company.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Eligible participants will be asked to fill out a form, including their name, email, and company name.
4. HOW TO WIN: All winners will be chosen on a first-come basis during the entry period until the 200 have been given away. Participants may only win once during the contest period.
5. PRIZES: There will be 200 winners, each of whom will receive a prize (valued at around $10). Prize is not transferable; no substitutions or equivalents are permitted, except by the Sponsor at its sole discretion. Allow thirty (30) days for delivery of prizes. All costs related to a prize not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners shall receive no further compensation or credit for use of the entry submission other than that disclosed in these Official Rules. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to further exploit, develop, produce, or distribute any entry submission. Each Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 from the Administrator for the Approximate Retail Value of the prize (stated above) for the calendar year won. [M1] All prizes will be awarded, provided there are an adequate number of eligible entries received.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND EACH OF ITS RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE‐RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OF DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, NOR IS IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR, ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE ENTRY OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED HEREIN. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE AND SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, damaged or stolen or misdirected entries or submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website or submit an online Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice, if in the Sponsor’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non‐electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non‐authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may void any entries they suspect are at issue and award prizes from among all eligible entries/votes received up to the date of cancellation. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner. If an entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempts by an individual to access any website associated with this Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other 3 unauthorized means will result in the IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
8. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., 227 W. Monroe St., 27th Floor, Chicago, IL 60606.